Please read this Policy carefully to understand Our practices regarding your information. If You do not agree with our policies and practices, You may choose to not use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, You are consenting to the terms of this Policy.
Capitalized words used in this Policy have the meanings below or the meanings otherwise set forth in this Policy. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Policy:
- Account means a unique account created for You to access the services available on the Website.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Website such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information by which an individual may be personally identified, including but not limited to full names, postal addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and usage data.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Company’s provision of services, to perform services on behalf of the Company, or to assist the Company in analyzing how its Website is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself, including but not limited to your device’s internet protocol address (IP address), browser type and version, the pages of the Website visited, the time and date of Website visits, and unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- You means the individual using the Website or the company or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
Collecting Your Personal Data
While using the Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain Personal Data.
Usage Data is collected automatically when You access the Website, whether by computer, phone, or other electronic device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or activity on the Website. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. You can learn more about cookies here: All About Cookies by TermsFeed.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies (Session Cookies): These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of the Website features. These Cookies help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You may request through the Website may be unavailable, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies (Persistent Cookies): These Cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Website, including to monitor the usage of the Website.
- To manage your Account and your registration as a user of the Website and give You access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract, including the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Website.
- To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To attend and manage your requests to Us made on the Website.
- For business transfers, including to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve the Website, products, services, marketing and your experience on the Website.
We may share Your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of the Website or to contact You.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With Our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this Policy. Affiliates include Our parent company and any other subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under common control with Us.
- With business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With your consent for any additional purpose.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Website, or when We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where Service Providers may be located. Therefore, your Personal Data may be transferred to and/or maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of such information represents your agreement to any such transfer.
The Company will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that (i) your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy; and (ii) no Personal Data will be transferred to an organization or a country unless there are adequate security and privacy protection controls in place.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company;
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website;
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public; or
- Protect against legal liability.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to:
- Access, correct, or update your Personal Data by contacting Us.
- Opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Us by following the instructions in those communications.
- Request the deletion of your Personal Data, subject to certain legal obligations.
- Request that We transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to You, under certain conditions.
If You reside in California, You have the right to ask whether we have shared Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact Us. Please indicate in your email or letter that You are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
If You are a California resident and would like to make a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act or the California Privacy Rights Act, please contact Us. Please include “California” in your email subject line and include the following information in your email: your name, California resident address, and email address.
If You are a Nevada resident and would like to make a request under Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statues, please contact Us. Please include “Nevada” in your email subject line and include the following information in your email: your name, Nevada resident address, and email address.
If You are a Canadian resident and You would like to take advantage of any additional rights under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) not expressly covered by this Policy, please contact Us.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. Should there ever be a security breach regarding your Personal Data, We intend to comply with any and all applicable state and federal law requirements regarding the notification and disclosure to You and to any appropriate authorities.
The Website is not intended for users under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on express consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, We may require your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
We will let You know via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website, prior to the change becoming effective and update the “last updated” date at the bottom of this section.
You are advised to review this Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
This Policy was last updated on December 11, 2023.
This Policy shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maine, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
We like to be proactive in dealing with any complaints or queries You may have with regard to how and why We process your information. If You have any questions about this Policy, the data we hold or process, or You would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact Us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on the Website: https://awsmaine.com/contact/
- By phone number: 207-494-8010
- By mail: 419 Alfred Street, Biddeford, Maine 04005